Friday, July 11, 2014

One year later...

Wow.
Somehow I let this blog slide for an entire year...
That's sad.
So what have I been doing instead of writing you ask?
Well let me tell you:

1: Writing for my other blog
Nearly two years ago three friends and I started a blog together, Mormongeeks.com, which is beyond awesome and which I have made a weekly commitment to. It's harder to let something slide when I have three friends keeping me on my toes so that one stayed active while this one fell by the wayside. Definately check it out though, they'res tons of good stuff over there and we update every week.

2: Finding, losing and finding another job
In the course of the last year I picked up a job at Toys R Us (Which I can now say comfortably because I no longer work for them) and lost it. By lost I mean recently I put in my two weeks notice because the other job I now have, which since I work there I do not feel comfortable discussing just yet, offered me better pay, more autonomy, better working conditions, and an overall better step to my career. One day I want to write a full blog about my experiences there, but let's just say I learned a lot about retail and the public.

3: I GOT MARRIED!!!
When last we left I was engaged to my lifelong friend Katie Ecker and two months ago we were married in the Bountiful temple. Here's a link to our wedding pics from my other blog. Between the engagement, wedding and honeymoon, much of my life fell by the wayside and I'm still trying to catch up.

4: The winter of Hell
I'll definitely talk about this later, but do the words "Toys R Us at Christmas" mean anything to you?

Anyway, so now I am married, work as a personal assistant to someone in a very interesting profession, live in Bountiful Utah, and have time to once again use the internet to spew the random nonsense that enters my head.

Be prepared folks, this may get weird.

-JOE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes of the Realm Chapter 6: Lies

The moonlit night was enough for Thayne's half elven eyes to see clearly by. He followed behind Bud easily through the dark forest, supp...